How To Seed/Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account (State Bank of India) via Net Banking, Online, Offline, IVRS SMS 2017
Here are the simple steps to complete SBI Aadhaar Card Link with your State Bank of India Account. Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing for all eligible Indian residents. Linking Aadhaar card to your SBI Bank Accounts becomes mandatory for all to get the benefits of various schemes which are launched by the Indian Govt. such as LPG Subsidy scheme & Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana & Atal Pension Yojana.
Link Aadhaar Card to SBI (State Bank of India) Bank Online via Net Banking
To use this facility you must be Internet Banking user of SBI. If you dont have an SBI NEt banking account, you can follow the steps for SBI Net Banking Registration & Activation process here. If you already have a net banking account follow these steps:
- Visit SBI Net Banking website – http://www.onlinesbi.com
- Once logged in click on: “My Accounts”
- Then click on: “Link Your Aadhaar Number”.
- You will be redirected to the Aadhaar registration page,
- Here Select the account number & fill your Aadhaar number information
- Click on “Submit” button.
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) by SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this code in the next screen and click on submit.
- You will receive a confirmation from the Bank
Link Aadhaar Card to SBI (State Bank of India) Bank Offline – via Branch Channel
The most popular method to link Aadhaar card with SBI is to do it in person at the Bank. As most customers have no online banking accounts this is the preferred method to do the same. Please follow the below mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar with SBI. You will need the Following Documents:
- Original & Xerox copy of your Aadhaar Card, The Photo copy of your aadhaar should be attested by you
- Your passbook of SBI Bank account
- Aadhaar card linking form which you can download from the SBI portal or Download it by clicking here: SBI Aadhar linking form.
Once you have the above documents, proceed with the following steps:
- Fill your branch name, address, your account number, Aadhaar/UID number, Your Name & Address on Aadhaar card.
- After filling form just attach the photo copy of your Aadhaar card
- Now visit the any ICICI Bank Branch
- Hand over the application form along with photocopy of Aadhaar card to the Bank official.
- After verification the Bank official will sign on it and accept the form.
- After necessary verification post submitting, the linking will be done by the Branch.
- An SMS will be sent to customer’s registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
Link Aadhaar Card to SBI (State Bank of India) Bank via ATM
If you cannot visit SBI Bank you can seed your Aadhaar through ATM.
- Find and go to any nearest SBI ATM
- Insert / Swipe the ATM card now enter your ATM Pin, select the menu “Service Registrations”
- Select “Aadhaar Registration” ( or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the account type (Saving/Checking)
- Enter your Aadhaar number. You will be prompted to re-enter the same.
- Process completed wait for the confirmation call from the bank which you will get in couple of days.
Link Aadhaar Card to SBI (State Bank of India) Bank through SMS
To use this process your mobile number must be registered with your SBI Bank account. Here are the steps to link Aadhaar card to SBI bank account via SMS:
- Send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID (space) Aadhaar number (space) Account number.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
- The Aadhaar number will be verified by Bank via UIDAI. In case this verification fails, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, a respective SMS reply will be sent to you.