How To Get International Driving License in India
International Driving License or International Driving Permit (IDP) allows Indians with a valid Indian Driving License to drive in Foreign countries. Here is the step by step procedure to obtain IDP via any Indian Road Transport office (As a sample links to the Karnataka RTO are added below):
Step By Step Process of how to Get International Driving Permit in India
- Please make sure that the address in the Driving licence should fall under the jurisdiction of the Regional Transport office to where the application for IDP is beinging made.
- You will need to fill the Applicaiton Form CMV 4-A available in the RTO office/website.
- Pay the IDP Fee of Rs. 500/- (to be payable at Cash Counter at RTO)
- You require to produce Original Valid Driving Licence, Passport, Visa, Air Ticket ( with one set xerox copies) – In case Visa is available on arrival to the country of travel please provide proof of the same (print out of the list of countries allowing Visa on arrival with your country of travel highlighted is usually good enough)
- Medical Certificate in form CMV 1 & CMV 1A should be filled and enclosed along with the application.
- Provide Three Recent passport size photographs.
- Candidate shall appear in person to the RTO.
- The applicant should be citizen of India.
- Applicant shall appear for re-test if the Driving Licence issued is within three months.
Validity of International Driving Permit
Validity of the IDP will be for one year or till the validity of the driving licence which ever occurs first.