How to Pay Property Tax Online in India
You can now easily pay property tax online in India. Paying property tax was considered a huge pain in the past, but now thanks to the option of paying property tax online, its a simple process. Most municipal corporations provide the option of paying property tax online, streamlining the process and saving valuable time.
To pay your Property Tax Online, you will need to follow the following simple steps:
- Log onto the official website of your municipality/city corporation.
- Choose the tab indicating property tax and navigate to the payment option.
- Choose the right form (4 or 5), based on the category under which your property falls. These forms are used to determine if any changes have been made to a property in question. (In no changes are required you can proceed directly to the next step)
- Choose the assessment year (Some websites choose this automatically for you as the current year). This is the year for which property tax needs to be calculated and paid. Most corporations provide an option to clear backlogs in property tax payment in the form of Arrears.
- Individuals will then be required to fill in their property identification number and any other relevant document pertaining to their property (zone under which it falls, property type, etc.) including the owner’s name.
- Once all relevant information has been entered, individuals can choose the mode of payment, which could be credit/debit cards or internet banking.
- Once payment is made individuals can take a print out of the challan for their reference.