Here are the simple steps to link your Aadhaar card with your Axis Bank Account. Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing for all eligible Indian residents.
Linking Your Aadhaar Card to Your Axis Bank Via Internet Banking
- Go to https://www.axisbank.com/ and Login to your Internet Banking Account.
- Once Logged In, Go to Services > Other Services > Link your Aadhar
- Select your Account Number from the Dropdown menu and click on “Proceed”
- You will be redirected to the ‘Axis Bank Aadhaar Card Registration’ page
- Here check your Customer Id & Account No. and click on ‘Submit’
- Complete the Registration process to Link your Account
Linking Your Aadhaar Card to Your Axis Bank Via SMS
Linking your Axis Bank Account via SMS is a pretty simple process. Here is how to do this:
- You will need to send the an SMS from your registered mobile number.
- Type ‘Aadhaar < Aadhaar no.> AC < last 6 digits of AC no.> ‘ and send the text to 5676782 or 9717000002.
- Example: ‘Aadhaar 987654321012 AC 012345’ is the text you can send to the aforementioned number.
- In this case, 987654321012 is the Aadhaar number and 012345 are the last six digits of your Aadhaar number. Once the bank receives your SMS, it will process the same and you will be notified once the process is complete.
Linking Your Aadhaar Card by Visiting a Branch of the Bank
- Walk into your nearest Axis Bank branch
- Fill up Resident Consent Form to link your Axis Bank Account with your Aadhaar number, carry original Aadhaar Card & a copy.
- Register your Axis Bank Account Number with the Government Agency for Direct transfer of benefit
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card
Linking your Bank account with your Aadhaar number gets you the following benefits:
- Have a single financial address for government subsidies
- Receive direct credit of LPG subsidy from Government into your account
- Receive direct credit of other Govt subsidies like welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. into your account