How to Link Aadhaar Card with Citibank Credit Card – Overview
Indian Goverment has made it mandatory to Link Aadhaar Card with Citibank Credit Cards. To make it easy for its customers, Citibank has provided three methods through which they can link their Credit Cards with Aadhaar. The methods are:
- Updating Online
- Linking via SMS
- Updating Offline by visiting Citibank Branch
Detailed steps of Linking Citibank Credit Card with Aadhaar Number
Updating Online – Link Aadhaar Card with Citibank Credit Card Online
Citibank has made provisions for its internet banking users to link their Credit Cards with Aadhaar online. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your Citibank NetBanking Account for your Credit Card.
- Click on “Update Aadhaar” in the Left Panel
- Enter your 12 Digit Aadhaar Number
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Congratulations you have Successfully Seeded your Citibank Credit Card with your Aadhaar Number.
Linking via SMS – Link Aadhaar Card with Citibank Credit Card using SMS
Citibank has provided a single phone number to SMS to Link your Aadhaar Card with your Citibank Credit Card via SMS. Send the SMS to 9880752484 from your registered mobile number to follow this process. Here is how to do it:
SMS AADHAAR < space > Aadhaar Number < space > last 4 digits of credit card to 9880752484 from your registered mobile.
For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321098 and last 4 digits of your Credit card number is 1234, then write the SMS as AADHAAR 987654321098 1234 and send it to 9880752484 from your registered mobile number.
On successful linking of your Aadhaar with your Credit Card , you will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number.
Updating Offline – Link Aadhaar with Citibank Credit Card Offline
Citibank Credit Card holders can also seed their Aadhaar with their Credit Card account by visiting the home branch of Citibank. They have to simply follow these steps:
- Visit the any of the Citibank branches
- Carry the original Aadhaar Card and a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar to the bank.
- Hand over the attested copy to the bank executive.
- Show your original Aadhaar and any of the government approved IDs for verification purpose.
- Once verified, your Credit Card will be linked with Aadhaar.
- On successful seeding, a confirmation SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.