How to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Account
Here are the simple steps to link your Aadhaar card with your IOB (Indian Overseas Bank) Account. Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing for all eligible Indian residents. Linking Aadhaar card to Bank Accounts becomes mandatory for all to get the benefits of various schemes which are launched by the Indian Govt. such as LPG Subsidy scheme & Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana & Atal Pension Yojana.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank @ the Bank
The most popular method to link Aadhaar card with Indian Overseas Bank is to do it in person at the Bank. As most customers have no online banking accounts this is the preferred method to do the same. Please follow the below mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar with Indian Overseas Bank:
- Visit your nearest Indian Overseas Bank branch.
- Carry your original & Photo copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Carry your original & Photo copy of Pass Book of the Account holder.
- Carry a self written application to seed Aadhar with Indian Overseas Bank account
- You might also have to fill an application form to seed Aadhaar (UID) number with Indian Overseas Bank
- Fill it accordingly and give all the documents to Indian Overseas Bank officer
- Indian Overseas Bank officer may ask for the original document for verification purpose after verification he will return your documents to you.
- They will provide you the lower portion of the application form to you
- The bank will verify aadhaar card linking to bank later manually
- Once the verification process is completed you will be notified via SMS or Email.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank via Net Banking
To Link your Aadhaar Card to Indian Overseas Bank via Net Banking, please follow the following steps:
- Login to IOB Net Banking here: https://www.iobnet.co.in/index1.html
- Once you are logged in click on “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Aadhaar Details”
- Click on “Update Aadhaar Number”
- And follow the onscreen instructions to Link your Bank Account with your Aadhaar Card
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank via SMS
Unfortunately Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) is not offering any method of linking Aadhaar card to Bank Account via SMS currently.